Happy Easter, neighbors! Here’s everything happening in Huntington today.
First, today’s weather:
Some sun, breezy and cooler. High: 51 low: 39.
Here are the top 3 stories in Huntington today:
- Check out our $ 2 million Wow house of the week. This Northport gem has a beautiful pool and private beach access. The home is located at 4 Thornton Dr. and boasts 1.2 acres with water views and 4 bedrooms. The home has been on the market for roughly a month. Click the link to see pictures of this stunning property! (Patch)
- 2 arrested at Commack massage parlor for prostitution Friday night. Two women from Flushing, Queens were arrested in a raid at LI Foot Spa on Jericho Turnpike. The raid occurred after an investigation due to numerous complaints from the community. 44-year-old Yongli Zhang and 43-year-old Hong Li were charged with prostitution and the business received five violations from the Smithtown Fire Marshal. (News 12 Bronx)
- 14-year-old teen arrested on gun charge at Huntington Station. Police were called on a group of teenagers early Friday morning when one appeared to have a weapon. They responded to the scene and one teen had loaded a Bryco .380 semi-automatic handgun. “The teen was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of a firearm, and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon. Police did not identify the teen since he is a minor.” (Huntington Patch)
Today in Huntington:
- Easter Sunrise Service – St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. (6:30 am)
- Easter Festival Service – St. Peter’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. (10:00 am)
- Sacred Stories of Liberation and Resurrection: Lessons for Easter and Passover – Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Huntington. (10:30 am)
- Spend Your Easter Day at Besito! (12:00 pm)
From my notebook:
- Huntington Manor Fire Department Fan Page: “To our families, friends and neighbors who celebrate, we wish you a healthy and Happy Passover. “(Facebook)
- South Huntington Public Library: “SHPL wishes you a Happy Passover! “(Facebook)
- Huntington Public Library: “Wishing a Happy Passover to our HPL community! “(Facebook)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, West Neck: “Scrap Metal Five Star 48” Oven – Does anyone know anyone who would be interested in picking up a 48 “700lb oven for meta scrapl? “(Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Greenlawn: “Join us Saturday (4/16) for the Manor Farm Egg Hunt! – We have crafts and games, plus you can take a picture with our bunny! Please rsvp to 631-213-1927 “(Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, West Shore: “Can anyone recommend a tailor that you have personally used with success. – I have a long dress / jumpsuit that I need altered for my stepdaughter’s wedding. “(Nextdoor)
- Nextdoor Neighbor, Huntington: “Hi Neighbors. – I am searching for someone who has knowledge of gardening and could do some pruning of shrubs and perennials for me as soon as possible. I would also like to have someone come regularly to help maintain my garden. “(Nextdoor)
More from our sponsors – thanks for supporting local news!
- FREE WEBINAR | Renaissancing Renoir (April 19)
- Spots Are Filling Up! Sign-up For Summer Camp Pre-K-6th, Long Island’s Favorite Fun & Educational Ca (April 23)
- Add your event
Loving the Huntington Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
Now you’re in the loop and ready to head out the door on this Sunday! See you tomorrow morning for your next update.
– Andrew Tessler
About me: Hi! I’m Andrew and I have been a Huntington resident for 7 years. I have lived in other countries and states, and my number one love is Huntington. I love health and wellness, traveling, stand-up paddle boarding, and of course going to restaurants and events throughout Huntington!